So the title of this recipe may not sound very healthy, but trust me, two or three of these instead of a processed chocolate bar will satisfy your cravings and be much better for your waistline!
These are fairly flat discs made from dark chocolate topped with dried cranberries, macadamia nuts and mini marshmallows. I just made them this morning, they took 5 minutes and I will definitely be making them again soon!
You could choose any toppings that take your fancy, such as hazelnut and raisins or freeze dried berries!
I haven’t put any quantities in the ingredients as I have only made a small batch so far, but I put 3 dried cranberries, 2 nuts and 2 mini marshmallows on each disc, and each disc was roughly 5cm across.
Ingredients (Makes 6 squares/2 servings):
- Good dark chocolate (I used Tesco finest 70% Peruvian dark chocolate)
- Dried cranberries
- Macadamia nuts
- Mini marshmallows
- Heat your chocolate in a pan over a low heat until it is melted – make sure it doesn’t burn as it will turn incredibly bitter and grainy, and that’s just wasted chocolate which I never like to see!
- Once the chocolate has melted, spoon a teaspoon of chocolate onto some greaseproof paper and with the back of your spoon gently spread the mixture into a disc roughly 5cm in diameter.
- Now sprinkle your toppings on, evenly distributing the different toppings on each disc.
- Place the discs in the fridge until cool and hard, and enjoy!
That’s just 4 steps to a very satisfying and healthy ‘treat’.
I don’t know for sure, but they would probably last a few days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Send me pictures if you make chocolate discs!