So I didn’t post my daily menu and exercise plan from Wednesday because I posted the griddled halloumi salad, so here is yesterdays and todays.
Breakfast = Apple
Lunch = cous cous, peas, sweetcorn and a small tin of tuna in brine
Snack = white chocolate Kit Kat (ooops)
Dinner = Chicken breast with halloumi, asparagus and salad
Wednesday Exercise = 15 minutes treadmill, 15 minutes toning
Breakfast = Apple
Lunch = tuna salad with boiled egg
Dinner = asparagus wrapped in parma ham with cous cous
Thursday Exercise = 30 minutes treadmill
That’s all for today folks
OK, so I may have left it a bit late to get the bikini body I am looking for. There are just 26 days left until I jet off to Portugal for sun, sea, sand and pure relaxation, which means just 26 days left to de-bloat and try to tone up a little.
So here are my weight-loss aims for my holiday to Portugal:
- Reduce my wobbly belly
- Tone my arms
- Tone my legs
Now I don’t think these three aims are too hard, I am not asking for miracles, just to be able to notice a difference when I step onto the beach.
So, how am I going to achieve my aims? Here’s the plan.
- At least 30 minutes of exercise a day, even when I don’t go to the gym and it is raining outside. That means NO excuses. That means EVERYDAY.
- At the gym, I am going to focus on cardio (treadmill and bike) followed by free-weights for my triceps and then lunges/squats for my legs.
- At home, I have downloaded several cool apps onto my new Google Nexus 7 tablet including daily workout, YOGA trainer and daily arm exercises.
- No carbonated drinks unless it is sparkling water
- No heavy carbs on an evening (potatoes, bread, pasta) unless I have had a very light lunch and breakfast
- More fruit and vegetables in my daily diet – something at each meal
- Post daily menus on my blog – hopefully this will help me to keep track, and now that I have the WordPress app on my tablet, there is no excuse!
- Limit my alcohol intake (I can’t cut it out, and I don’t want to!) and stick with gin and slim line tonic or martini and sparkling water
- Don’t go mad in the first week by cutting out whole food groups, stay realistic and if I have a treat, make up for it at the gym
So that’s the plan. Hopefully in just under 4 weeks I will have dropped half a stone or so, toned up and feel less wobbly!
Breakfast = apple and water
Snack = Breakfast Bar
Lunch = Ham and salad (no mayo/salad cream) and corn chips
Dinner = Homemade Garlic Bread with spinach, asparagus and parma ham (no cheese or tomato)
Do you have any tips for a quick pre-holiday slim down?
Breakfast, snack (if having one), lunch, snack (if having one), tea
Monday: Apple and Raspberry Muesli, fruit, hummus and sticks, spicy chicken salad
Tuesday: Apple and Raspberry muesli, fruit, hummus and sticks, tuna and egg and new potato salad
Wednesday: Apple and Raspberry muesli, fruit, crackers with turkey and cucumber, chicken with roast sweet potato
Thursday: Apple and Raspberry muesli, fruit, crackers with turkey and cucumber, chorizo paella
Friday: Apple and Raspberry muesli, fruit, leftover paella, ?
I don’t plan for the weekends because we often end up doing something that means I can’t have my planned meal, so I will update after the week has finished.