Happy Monday, I hope you all had lovely weekends and are ready for the week ahead. I’ve got a new recipe for you today, and my oh my it’s delicious!
My dinner last night/ lunch today was a bit like Liz’s in Eat Pray Love when she eats asparagus, prosciutto and boiled egg on the floor of her apartment in Rome. So satisfying, so simple and packed full of flavour!
I had boiled egg, yellow courgette, sourdough with Boursin and asparagus wrapped in prosciutto with even more Boursin! There is very little that doesn’t go nicely with Boursin:-)
Ingredients (makes one serving):
- 3 slices of prosciutto (or serrano or parma ham)
- 6 spears of asparagus
- 1/2 large Yellow courgette
- 1 large egg
- 1 slice of sourdough bread
- Boursin cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 Celsius
- Cut the 1/2 courgette into strips approximately 1/2 cm thick
- Lay out the ham and spread the Boursin in a thin layer, covering most of the slice
- Roll 2 spears of asparagus into each slice of ham
- Place the courgette and the ham rolls onto a baking tray
- Spray olive oil (or your preferred cooking spray) onto the courgette and sprinkle with dry chilli flakes
- Put them into the oven and roast for 10 minutes
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add your egg
- After 2 minutes, turn the heat off and leave the egg in the warm water until the vegetables are cooked
- Run the egg under cold water and peel
- Toast the sourdough and spread with a think layer of Boursin
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and plate everything up
I enjoyed my meal with a glass of Pinot Blanc from Alsace and it felt light yet satisfying, I think it was all the Boursin:-)
Monday weigh-in = Still 160lb but I’m starting to notice that I’m definitely less bloated and my belly is looking less rounded, wahoo!