Last week I posted this picture and promised to share the recipe, so here it is!
This is seven wholegrains with green vegetables and let me tell you, what I was expecting to be a dull and tasteless dish turned out to be a real gem. Super quick and easy to make, perfect for taking to work in your lunchbox, tasty and healthy!
- 1/2 pouch of Seeds of Change Seven Wholegrains
- 1 courgette, grated
- 5-10 brussels sprouts, halved
- Handful of sugar snap peas
- Handful of asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
- Teaspoon of low fat pesto
- Chicken stock paste or cube
- Start out by boiling some water in a pan, and add your stock. I like Knorr touch of taste which is a chicken stock concentrated liquid.
- Add your sprouts and cook for 2 minutes
- Add the sugar snap peas and asparagus and boil for a further 2 minutes
- Meanwhile, add the grains to the microwave for 2 minutes
- Empty the grains into your bowl
- Drain the vegetables and add to the bowl, and mix together
- Return the pan to the heat and add the courgette, dry frying for 30 seconds – 1 minute, just to heat through
- Add the courgette to the bowl
- Drizzle over the pesto and give everything one final mix to ensure everything has a garlicky, herby coating
Really quick, really tasty and healthy!
If you can’t get your hands on the Seeds of Change 7 wholegrains, use your favourite wholegrains and cook them as required. Quinoa, barley and brown rice are all good choices.