Some salads are just plain boring! You still feel hungry after you’ve finished because all you’ve eaten is rabbit food. Well my version of Tuna Salad is surprisingly satisfying, it’s protein rich, low in fat and contains a balance of foods.
Ingredients (makes 1 salad)
- 1 x 56g tin of tuna (I prefer mine in spring water, but whatever floats your boat)!
- 80g x iceberg lettuce
- 1/4 x cucumber
- 80g peppers (not green unless you are weird)
- 2 x hard boiled eggs
- 20g smoked cheddar cheese – finely grated
- 100g baby new potatoes
- Boil your potatoes for about 15 minutes or until cooked through
- About halfway through the cooking time throw in your eggs (gently) and boil for the remaining 7 minutes (alter to suit your egg preferences)
- meanwhile. drain your tuna and chop up your salad ingredients
- Take your potatoes and eggs off the boil and drain, de-shell your eggs and cut into quarters
- Pile everything high on a plate and then sprinkle with the cheese
Delish! The smoked cheese stops this from tasting too virtuous whilst the egg and potatoes will fill you up and add a nice warmth.
If you like onions, olives, anchovies etc. they will all work well in this salad so alter to your tastes.