So today I’m just about to leave the office to go home, muscles feeling heavy after a long weekend of work and ready to jump on the sofa to catch up on my favourite TV shows.
Then I get a text from my husband:
“Do you want fish and chips for tea?”
The following thoughts run through my head:
MMMMM fish and chips/I won’t have to cook/I love fish and chips
Then I make the best decision of the day, and I reply:
“Hey you, not for me thanks, think I will get a salad when I go to the supermarket, but you treat yourself:-) xx”
So, this became the best decision of the day for several reasons…
1. I chose salad instead of fried potatoes
2. I chose salad instead of fried, battered fish
3. I got my fix of salad and vegetables for the day
4. I proved to myself that I can choose a healthy option when the hubby indulges in a ‘treat’
5. I plan to make it the first best decision of the day based on healthy lifestyle choices for a very long time!
Back with a recipe post for spicy chicken and noodle broth soon!