OK, so I may have left it a bit late to get the bikini body I am looking for. There are just 26 days left until I jet off to Portugal for sun, sea, sand and pure relaxation, which means just 26 days left to de-bloat and try to tone up a little.
So here are my weight-loss aims for my holiday to Portugal:
- Reduce my wobbly belly
- Tone my arms
- Tone my legs
Now I don’t think these three aims are too hard, I am not asking for miracles, just to be able to notice a difference when I step onto the beach.
So, how am I going to achieve my aims? Here’s the plan.
- At least 30 minutes of exercise a day, even when I don’t go to the gym and it is raining outside. That means NO excuses. That means EVERYDAY.
- At the gym, I am going to focus on cardio (treadmill and bike) followed by free-weights for my triceps and then lunges/squats for my legs.
- At home, I have downloaded several cool apps onto my new Google Nexus 7 tablet including daily workout, YOGA trainer and daily arm exercises.
- No carbonated drinks unless it is sparkling water
- No heavy carbs on an evening (potatoes, bread, pasta) unless I have had a very light lunch and breakfast
- More fruit and vegetables in my daily diet – something at each meal
- Post daily menus on my blog – hopefully this will help me to keep track, and now that I have the WordPress app on my tablet, there is no excuse!
- Limit my alcohol intake (I can’t cut it out, and I don’t want to!) and stick with gin and slim line tonic or martini and sparkling water
- Don’t go mad in the first week by cutting out whole food groups, stay realistic and if I have a treat, make up for it at the gym
So that’s the plan. Hopefully in just under 4 weeks I will have dropped half a stone or so, toned up and feel less wobbly!
Breakfast = apple and water
Snack = Breakfast Bar
Lunch = Ham and salad (no mayo/salad cream) and corn chips
Dinner = Homemade Garlic Bread with spinach, asparagus and parma ham (no cheese or tomato)
Do you have any tips for a quick pre-holiday slim down?