Sorry for not blogging for a few days, I have been AWOL and concentrating on a diploma I am undertaking for work, but I am back now!
And here is a recipe for you! It is easy, can be adapted to suit your personal tastes and feels super naughty but it is actually a healthy balanced meal!
- Pre-made garlic pizza bread base
- Half fat mozzarella
- Parma ham
- Garlic puree
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade and place inside the biggest baking tray you have
2. Take the base out of the packet and place on a flat surface
3. Spread the garlic puree over the base – this will keep it moist and extra gooey!
4. Slice the mozzarella into thin slices, take any stalks off the spinach and cut the ham into strips (approx. 2cm wide and 4cm long)
5. Scatter the cheese, ham, spinach and rocket onto the base
6. Take the tray out of the oven and carefully lift the pizza onto the tray. If it does not fit, turn the tray upside down and place the pizza on the flat side
7. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the pizza is cooked through and firm throughout, but not overcooked
8. Slice into 8 pieces and share with a friend!
I choose garlic puree because I do not like tomato sauce, but you can easily use tomato puree or sauce as a base. Other great toppings include half fat roule cheese, smoked ham, grilled chicken or turkey, spicy beef, asparagus (my favourite!), salmon or shellfish, pepper, mushroom, the list goes on and on…
To keep it healthy just make sure you choose low-fat cheeses and pile on the vegetables!