This isn’t so much a recipe but more of an assembly. And it’s one of my favourite meals when mixed with other interesting foods – but more on that later…
Ingredients to serve 2 people:
- 1 bunch of asparagus (12 spears)
- 6 slices of parma ham or prosciutto
- Spray oil or olive oil
1. Wrap 2 asparagus spears in 1/2 slice of parma ham and continue until you have used up all of the asparagus and ham
2. Spray a griddle pan or flat bottom frying pan with spray oil or drizzle a small amount of olive oil into the pan
3. Allow the oil to heat up and place the asparagus and ham rolls onto the heat
4. Leave for 2 minutes and then turn over for another 2 minutes
5. keep on the heat, turning regularly until the asparagus is cooked through without letting the ham burn
They are now ready!
Serve them with:
A poached egg – they are like dippy soldiers!
Steak – they make a meaty yet fresh side dish
Chicken and sauteed potatoes – the smokey ham adds another meaty flavour to the dish and the asparagus and potatoes work well together