So today’s recipe is for healthy homemade fish cakes that pack a tasty punch whilst filling you up on good stuff!
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 2 x Canned tuna in brine, spring water or sunflower oil
- 1 x Red chilli – finely chopped
- 1 x clove of garlic – finely chopped
- 1/2 x Red onion – finely chopped
- 1 egg
1. Mix the tuna, chilli, garlic and red onion in a bowl until all the ingredients are equally distributed.
2. Whisk the egg in a separate bowl and then add to the tuna mix.
3. Stir thoroughly until everything is combined.
4. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and form into 4 small circles, place on a lined baking tray and press each down so that they are flat on top and bottom
5. Put the cakes into the fridge to cool for 30 minutes (this stops the fishcakes from falling apart during cooking)
6. Heat a frying pan with a small amount of oil (chilli or garlic oil would be nice)
7. After cooling, take the fishcakes out of the fridge and heat in the frying pan for about 5 minutes on each side, flipping regularly to stop burning.
8. Serve with salad or peas and new potatoes.
Easy, healthy and delicious!