And I might be getting a new car this weekend eeeek! I am trading in my Ford KA and hoping to get a Volkswagen Polo, keep your fingers crossed that they value the Rorange Rocket (so-called because the colour is reddy/orange or rorange) so I have enough for a deposit!
In other news, the scales have been depressing me so I think I will have a month or so off the scales and instead focus on how I feel, how my clothes fit and generally feeling better. I have been carbing up a bit too much this week (see recipe below) so at the weekend I am going to look for lovely fresh fruit and vegetables to make some delicious recipes next week, it’s just rubbish that the fresh, colourful foods are so expensive in comparison with pasta and bread!
Today’s recipe is not healthy and it will not help in the battle to lose 21lb, but it will put a smile on your face and leave you feeling satisfied all morning!
Streaky bacon and plastic cheese sandwich (serves 1)
- 1 x seeded submarine rolls
- 6 x small rashers of smoked streaky bacon (3 big pieces which divide in half)
- 2 x slices of plastic cheese
- Condiments of your choice
- Heat a non-stick pan and add the bacon (you don’t need oil because streaky bacon has enough fat that it renders down and coats the pan)
- Cut the roll lengthways and spread with butter, add any sauces you want, I leave it plain
- Once the bacon has crisped on both sides, drain on some kitchen paper
- layer 3 of the rashers on the roll
- cover with the cheese
- layer the other 3 rashers over the cheese and squeeze the roll together
- Cut in half and enjoy!
This is a trashy breakfast but it ticks every box, drink with a full fat coke if you are hungover!
Happy weekends everyone! xoxo