Christmas is just 19 days away and this year I will be cooking Christmas Dinner for my hubby, sister and mum and a few friends. Over the next couple of weeks I will be sharing with you some of my favourite Christmas recipes and edible gifts.
First up…Sweet Puff Pastry Christmas Shapes
These delicious treats are very satisfying, especially when eaten warm! But if you are giving them as a gift they do not lose any flavour or niceness when cold! Plus, major bonus…They are so easy to make and literally take about 20 minutes from start to finish!
- Ready Made Puff Pastry
- Caster sugar
- Icing sugar and edible glitter to finish
- (see – I told you these were easy to make!)
- Roll out the puff pastry and brush with melted butter
- Sprinkle caster sugar over the sheet
- Use Christmas shaped cutters to create shapes (I use Christmas tree, angel and snowflake)
- Place the shapes on a sheet of greaseproof paper and then on a baking tray
- Bake in the oven (preheated at 180 degrees) for approximately 10 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through
- To decorate you can sprinkle icing sugar and edible glitter over the shapes, or just leave them plain
- Place in a gift box and tie with a ribbon
Et Voila, an ideal edible Christmas gift!