A quick recipe for you today which, whilst not being the healthiest meal ever, is so delicious and fulfilling that I had to share it with you!
Bacon, Brie and Pea Pasta (With Asparagus)
- Pasta (I used large penne but shells and bows would also work very well)
- Smoked lean bacon (cut off the extra rind if you want) – cut into small strips (it’s easy with scissors)
- Brie cheese – chopped into 1cm squares
- Frozen peas
- Asparagus (I had some in the fridge which needed eating so chopped it and put this in too, but you could just stick with peas or add broad beans, soy beans etc)
- Black pepper
- Bring a pan of water up to the boil and add your pasta – cook until al dente
- Meanwhile, in a small frying pan add the chopped bacon and cook until crisp
- Add the asparagus and the frozen peas and cook until tender
- Add the cubes of brie and stir through the bacon and peas, evenly distributing the cheese so that it melts
- Add a couple of spoonfuls of the pasta water to create a creamy sauce
- Add lots of freshly ground black pepper (it evens out the saltiness of the bacon and brie)
- Drain the pasta and add it into the frying pan, stir through the bacon and brie mixture
- Eat and enjoy whilst it is still really hot!
This is a lovely meal, quick to make and all of the ingredients go really well together; you have a mixture of salt (brie) smoke (bacon) sweet (peas and asparagus) and starch (pasta)!
Bon apetit! xoxo