This recipe is quick, easy and versatile to suit any tastebuds.
Although the base of the dish is courgette, if you want to add a bit of meat I would suggest some chorizo sliced into small chunks or some smoked streaky bacon/pancetta.
Serves 2 people
- 100g-150g Pasta-big tubes are best such as Rigatoni but any pasta will do
- 2 medium courgettes, grated
- 2 garlic cloves -crushed or finely chopped
- 2 tbsps Olive Oil
- Vegetable or Chicken Stock
- Alioli sauce
- Chorizo, streaky bacon or pancetta
- Bring a pan of boiling water to boil and add the stock
- Put the pasta in the pan and boil until al dente
- Pour the olive oil into a frying pan and heat
- Add the garlic to the oil and fry for 1 minute – do not let it burn
- If you are adding meat now is the time to do so, fry for 2-3 minutes until coloured
- Add the courgette to the garlic and oil and fry for 4-5 minutes until soft
- Take a spoonful of the stock water from the pasta and put it in the courgette pan to loosen the mixture, stir for 1 minute
- Take two or three teaspoons of alioli and stir through the courgette mixture
- Drain the past and add it into the courgette pan, stir and serve immediately
And there you go. In less than 20 minutes you have a healthy and tasty meal which is also great as leftovers for lunch the next day!
Bon appetit xoxo