As promised, I bring you my recipe for easy paella which is baked in the oven rather than cooked slow over the hob.
So long as you follow portion control, this recipe is not going to break your calories bank and is a comforting spicy feast when you need something a little more substantial.
You can add any vegetable and meat that you like to the recipe; many people like to add prawns or other seafood but I am not one of those people, so I stick with chicken and chorizo normally, or I might make it a vegetarian recipe.
- Paella Calasparra rice (follow packet instructions for serving size)
- garlic cloves (crushed)
- olive oil
- Courgette (chopped into small pieces)
- Peppers (chopped into small pieces)
- Peas (frozen or fresh)
- Chicken (chopped into bite-size pieces)
- Chorizo (chopped into bite-size pieces)
- Vegetable stock (about 400ml for a serving of 3-4 people)
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 3/160 degrees
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the garlic, gently frying for a minute
- Add the chorizo, courgette and pepper and fry for 3-5 minutes until the vegetables soften
- Add the chicken and fry for a further 2 minutes
- Pour in the rice, paprika and tumeric and stir to ensure the rice is fully coated in the oil and spices
- Pour in the vegetable stock and bring to the boil
- Cover the frying pan and transfer to the preheated oven, bake for 10 minutes
- Add the peas to the pan and re-cover (if there is no liquid left in the pan add a little boiling water or left over stock)
- Cook for a further 5 minutes or until the stock has been absorbed into the rice and the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve immediately
And there you have it. A yummy scrummy paella ready in minutes and only needing 1 pan!