Healthy Eating can be boring. Limit yourself to salad (and no dressing!) and you will be binge-ing on bread in no time!
So, to satisfy my carb-love and get some healthy vegetables into my diet here is my recipe for courgette and pepper pasta…
- 50g-75g pasta (Any type: whole wheat, gluten-free or good old fashioned white!)
- 1 large or 2 small courgettes – grated
- 1 pepper (I like yellow in this meal)
- 2 Garlic cloves (adjust to suit your tastes)
- Chilli (fresh or flakes work best)
- Oil spray
- Vegetable stock (I just use a cube but whatever you like best)
- Boil the pasta in a pan of water with the vegetable stock
- In a frying pan, spray the oil and add the garlic and chilli (crushed or very finely chopped)
- Add the pepper (thinly sliced) and let them brown for a couple of minutes
- Once the peppers have some colour on them add the grated courgette
- Fry the vegetables for a couple of minutes, until the pasta is al dente
- Drain the pasta and add it to the vegetable mix with a couple of spoons of the vegetable stock
You can add a bit of cheese to finish the meal off, Gruyere or mozzarella would work well.
Also, if you fancy some extra salty spice then fry some Chorizo with the garlic and chilli for a meaty bite in the dish!
Bon apetit x